The U.S. Naval Academy Parents' Club of Alabama is a non-profit organization open to all persons interested in the Naval Academy, with primary membership composed of parents of current and former midshipmen, who have the common goal of furthering the objectives of the club, which are:
· To help parents of midshipmen become better informed about the Naval Academy, about life at the Academy and career opportunities after graduation.
· To provide opportunities for parents of midshipmen to share ideas on how to cope with the victories, frustrations and defeats while at the Academy.
· As a group, to recognize the accomplishments of the midshipmen and to communicate the support of the parents and friends for their accomplishments to the community and to the midshipmen.
· As individual parents, midshipmen and alumni, provide a conduit for other outstanding young men and women in Alabama to learn about the Naval Academy, how to apply and who to contact.
1. Uphold the standards of the Naval Academy.
2. Be a person of integrity.
3. Lead by example (meet the standard you are holding others to)
4. Strive for excellence without arrogance.
5. Do your best.
6. Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
7. Tolerate honest mistakes from people who are doing their best.
8. Seek the truth (rumors and unverified anecdotes undermine morale).
9. Speak well of others (gossip undermines human dignity).
10. Keep a sense of humor and be able to laugh at yourself.
OUR GOAL: Make the chain of command work by enhancing mutual trust, respect and good two-way communications.
U.S. Navy Superintendent
"Midshipmen are persons of integrity: They stand for that which is right."
They tell the truth and ensure that the full truth is known. They do not lie. They embrace fairness in all actions. They ensure that assistance received from any source is authorized and properly documented. They do not cheat. They respect the property of others and ensure that others are able to benefit from the use of their own property. They do not steal.
Back to Home Page